Thursday, December 08, 2005

BionicleWars

When I was browsing through my files I found this little project we did back at the German Film School. We had to create 3 Buildings from scratch using wood, metal, plastic and all differnt kinds of glues. I build the tall blueish skyscraper with my buddy Felix. We had a lot of fun working with real materials. It was a nice alternation to the digital 3D stuff we were doing.



Later on we used those models to create a little stop motion animation using a custom made motion control of our teacher. We brought the LEGO Bionicles to life. ^^
They have really fexible joints and were comfortable to animate.
It is only a tiny little project but we had a lot of fun creating it.
Thnx Moritz for creating this nice little clip!

click on the image below to view "BionicleWars" or right click and save target as for download.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ray Harryhausen would be proud :)
J/K, say the motion control system you mentioned sounds interesting. Any chance that you post a foto?

Mil'

blabla said...

Hi Milho!
I searched for a picture of that Moco but I couldn't find one...sorry